1.05.2009

for other hemo parents (well, non-hemo ones too)

i just ordered some really cool padding for the bathtub for e to keep him from hurting himself if (well, when really) he hits his head on the tub. i thought i would share the link in case anyone else is interested.

i also bought an inflatabl
e spout cover from babies-r-us. it was a lot softer than the other spout covers. they offered plastic ones that seemed too hard for his head if he were to hit it. it was only $2 too, which was a very nice bonus =)

and i figured i would add a new picture because i am a shameless AW.


7 comments:

ForresterMom said...

I've lurked a bit here. I was referred to your blog by Mike G. Anyway, my little boy is almost 1 and has severe A. I have the tub bumper and I love it. It's kinda big for our tub but I don't care. I overlap it. I also used a pump for blowing up exercise balls to blow this up. One Step Ahead is one of my favorite sites for safety stuff. Glad your little guy is on the mend!

sarasarasara said...

I am so glad to have you here reading my blog. The bumper is a little bit big for us too, but I really like it. And E likes it too! I feel so much safer with that in the bath.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how big he is. He's growing up too fast.

sarasarasara said...

allison, i know! he was, what...5 weeks when you saw him? oh, so cute and snuggly...well, he's still cute and snuggly just in such a different way.

Anonymous said...

Yes! He was just a little peanut when I met him!!!

ForresterMom said...

Thanks for the comment! If you want to email me feel free! Rridnghood@aol.com.
Also did your little guy fall or hit his head or was his head bleed spontaneous?

sarasarasara said...

Forrester, we're not really sure. The bleed had actually started about a week or so before we went to the hospital for it. I know this only because he had some facial twitching that started one week before we went (but stopped a few minutes after it started) and when i described it to the doctors there, they let me know that it was surely a sign of the bleed in his head. He has bumped his head so often, but in small ways...nothing big. So it was really hard for us to pin down when he may have hit it to cause the bleed.